Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

No new chick today.

This is a little suprising because we still have two eggs (four chicks) and the last two eggs were layed on December 11th, and 13th.  Conventional wisdom says that the eggs should hatch 17 to 20 days later.  You do the arithmetic.

I am a little concerned because I noticed when I checked them yesterday that one of the eggs was away from the clutch of chicks, not exactly off in the corner but not in the nest area per se. 

Because I did not mark the eggs as they were layed I don't know if the two that remain were the last ones laid, the first, or somewhere in between.  I'm not going to freak about it, we'll either have 4 chicks, or five chicks, or six chicks, and whatever happens, we don't have to wait long to find out.

Today was cleaning day again, these little buggars really put out the poop!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment