Friday, March 20, 2009

Here We Go

The first official 200K of the Rando season for SIR tomorrow morning. This is a tradition that starts and ends at Greg's house. The new(ish) route takes us from Kent, down toward the sound, then east, through Auburn, Enumclaw, Buckley and up to Greenwater on the lower slopes of Mt. Rainier.

I’ll toe the line tomorrow morning at 7:00 am with nearly 100 other hardy souls, …and shortly after the start I’ll be sweeping up the rear for the rest of the day.

I was on a good track in January and February when I rolled up a little over 400 miles. But then early in March I got sick again and have been hacking, wheezing, and blowing.

This is gonna hurt, we’ll probably get some weather and the closer we get to the big mountain the better the chance that the weather will come down white. You just have to start somewhere and this is the place and time. It’ll be fun to ride with the club, and it will be good to get another ride in the books, I’ll just continue to plug away and sooner or later I’ll get faster.

1 comment:

  1. Really wish I could join you, but that is not to be. I'll be looking forward to a bit of surgery come April 14 and dreaming of lost kilometers.

    ReplyDelete