Saturday, October 6, 2007

In the "Great Book" once again!

I heard the results from PBP were in so I anxiously scrolled down through the long list of names and there it was:

Time No. Name Surname Coun. Gen. Mach. CLUB

72:30 1985 JOHNSON Bryan US M VE RANDONNEURS USA
88:01 4946 JOHNSON CTHERINE AU F A.A. QUEENSLAND
89:55 4770 JOHNSON Paul US VE SEATTLE INTERNATIONAL RANDON
88:05 3381 JOHNSON Wes US M VE BORTH CAROLINA BICYCLE CLUB
87:35 3422 JOHNSON William US M VE ROCHESTER ACTIVE SPORTS

Somewhere in France, there is a young rider (probably in his 30's) who helped a tired old man find his way to the finish. I wish I knew his name, I'd like to thank him. I owe my finish to many people but none more so than him.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Paul! I suppose it seems like peanuts now to have a medal - you did the ride and the memory of it is the real reward.

    Rode this weekend's Kramerific 200 km and met a guy from Tri-cities who beamed that this was the furthest he had ever gone on a bike. Came in in the dark as the last of three but it sure was a special moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Congratulations Paul!
    Amy P

    ReplyDelete